The angelic figure clothed in blue dalmatic, and holding
flowering lilies suggests the Angel of Annunciation (Gabriel)
The right hand is raised in a gesture of blessing
Above is the six-pointed Star of the Creator
The Memorial Inscription at the base reads:
1844 Sidney M. Hedges 1924
1846 Anna M. Hedges 1926
-- Walter G. Ball
DESIGNER: Walter G. Ball
ARCHITECT: Cram and Ferguson
DEDICATED: October 31, 1926
DONOR: The Daughters (Mrs. Baylor, Mrs. Eastwick, Mrs. Tillinghast)
EXPOSURE: East LOCATION: Resting Chapel
SIGHT SIZE: 73.5" X 19.5"
HEIGHT FROM FLOOR: 7'4"
Walter G. Ball worked in Harry E. Goodhue's Cambridge studio;
had his own studio at 2 Palmer Street, Cambridge, 1915-18; was
a partner in Ball and Burnham, 1918-20; was a partner in
Phipps-Ball-Burnham Co., 1920-22; and in 1923, was associated
with the Colonial Stained Glass Works (The Colonial Stained
Glass Works, fabricator of this window, was established in 1889
at 161 High Street, Boston; relocated at 167 Oliver Street, Boston,
1920-21; and in 1922, moved to 64 Stanhope Street, Boston).
The contract for The Hedges Window was signed May 21, 1926, and called for "the design, fabrication, and installation of a Resurrection Window".
The description of this window was done by Charles J. Connick.